I just read some of my past LJ entries, and geez they're embaressing.
I sound like a big weaboo.
Anyway, Christmas was great this year. I was so happy to be home and got a lot of good loot. Got a couple of games, an iPod nano, and $200 macy''s gift card (snap!)
This last weekend I was yet again in LA for another clinic, it went well and I'm still relatively healthy. After the clinic my mom and I saw Yes Man and I got my hair cut really really short, I wanted something different. Unfortunately I think other people think I look younger now, even when I wear makeup. WTF.
the year 2008:
Stayed single almost the whole year?
Kissed someone new?
Kissed no one, except on the cheek, but that wasn't someone new.
Done something you've regretted?
Yeah, but I try not to dwell.
Sometimes I stayed home when I was feeling a little bad, but still good enough to go.
Were involved in something you'll never forget?
Fanime, Prom, Transplant.
Visited a different country?
Cooked a gross meal?
A soy chese sandwich, but that wasn't my fault, blame the cheese.
Lost something important to you?
My old intestine (ha ha), Someone I love.
Tripped over a coffee table?
Knowing me probably. :P
Dyed your hair?
no, I wish!
Came close to losing your life?
I'd say no, I was taken well care of in LA.
Went to a party?
Read a great book?
Saw one of your favorite bands/artists live?
An Cafe, I kind of like them.
Did you meet any new friends this year?
Did you dislike anyone?
I don't think, maybe the people who my blood every morning at the break of dawn. And the nurse partner who made me empty my ostomy every time she stepped in the room.
Did you grow apart from anyone?
Most of my friends from summer, someone else.
Do you have any regrets when it comes to your friendships?
Yeah, I wish I had kept in touch more.
2008: Your BIRTHDAY!
Did you have a cake?
I had a cupcake.
Did you have a party?
Did you get any presents?
Becoming an outpatient from the hospital, PSP, and Heavenly Creatures (movie).
2008: All about YOU
Did you change at all this year?
Inside and out.
Did you change your style?
Were you in school?
Some of the time.
Did you get good grades?
When I was attending classes.
Did you have a job?
Did you own a car?
Not yet, once I get my permit. (I know I'm slow)
Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister will very soon. (At the most a week until she has her.)
Did you move?
To LA for three months.
Did you go on any vacations?
LA was like a vacation to me:P
Would you change anything about yourself now?
Sure, but I'm still happy with myself for the mostpart.
2008 WRAP UP:
Was 2008 a good year?
It was pretty freaking good.
Do you think 2009 will top 2008?
I can only hope so, but perhaps not.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got a transplant. Stayed off of TPN for more than a month. Prom.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think it was the usual stay healthy. Resolutions have gotten kind of stale lately, I just want to live life to the fullest now.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister is due anyday.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
The knowledge of driving. High school Diploma. A body without tubes and holes. A heart that isn't broken.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Fanime, May 31st (prom) Oct, 2nd(transplant.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Participating in Fanime's kareoke contest, thus losing most of my stagefright. Making it through transplant.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Prom and my inflated expectations.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
2 months in the hospital.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't know, maybe my prom dress, it was pretty :3 Also, fanime tickets.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom, she was there with me in the hospital every day.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The general population :P
14. Where did most of your money go?
Video games, didn't have to pay medical stuff (thank god!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Prom, Fanime, Transplant. *yes I see a pattern.* Seeing TDK each time after my first viewing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Not sure. :[
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
A little of both, mosly happier.
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
The same I guess.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read more, kept up contact with friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stay up late, Sleep in, angst over love, Computer.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent it with the family eating and opening presents ^^
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I continued to be in love in 2008.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah, people annoyed me, but not enough to hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
A tie between Lolita and Atonement .
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
Xbox 360 :P A goodnight kiss on prom, and not one on the cheek, plzkthnx.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
You have to ask? The Dark Knight!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
19, Ate a cupcake, watched a couple of movies, and became an outpatiatent.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More love from a certein person. A real kiss.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
More makeup, earrings, less hair.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Heath Ledger, Robert Pattison.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The presidential election was pretty cool.
35. Who did you miss?
Family, friends, Dave.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Love deosn't exist like in the movies.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year." A little bit of heaven, but a little bit of hell."